Meeting came to order at 8:03 a.m. Beth Stengel welcomed everyone to the meeting. Beth told the members that Jalila, PTA president could not be at the meeting due to a back to school night at her son’s school. PTA Officers were introduced to the members. Beth presented to the members what the PTA is planning to work on this school year. The members were also informed of our web page and the facebook page and encouraged members to visit these sites.
II) APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A motion to approve minutes was made by Beth Stengel. Minutes were accepted with no changes.
III) TREASURER’S REPORT
Chiara Cruz could not be part of tonight’s meeting. Beth informed the members that since Chiara still does not have full access to the account, an accurate report could not be presented. However, we approximately have $630.00. This does not include any membership dues.
IV) COMMITTEE UPDATES
The members were informed that our membership drive started. Membership envelopes and a flyer were sent home in the Thursday’s folder on 9-17-11.
Members were also informed of the cash prize raffle. A membership will get them 1 entry to the raffle and each additional $2 will get them an additional entry.
A flyer with information with the different community programs that you can sign up to help the school was also sent home in the Thursday’s folder on 9-17-11.
Beth explained to the members what this program is all about and encouraged parents to let family members and friends know of this opportunity.
· We have a parent that works for Kaiser. We could possibly do a fitness event. Beth to follow up with her.
· Another parent also said he has friends that could be interested in working with us. Beth to follow up with him.
Back To School Night
Members were informed of the Bake Sale the PTA is having during back to school night. A signup sheet for the bake sale is at the sign up table. They were encouraged signup to help during the bake sale or donate a baked item.
Free Coffee Bar
Parents were also informed of the FREE coffee bar being hosted by the PTA graciously donated by the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
Parents were asked for suggestions for the Halloween fundraiser.
Ideas from Parents:
· Pizza and drinks sale after the parade was suggested.
Parents were asked for suggestions for a Thanksgiving/xmas fundraiser. We could have a holiday boutique?
Parents were presented with the Spring carnival idea. Emphasis was made that we NEED their support from them in order accomplish it. We need a strong membership!
Parents were informed that this is another event that the PTA will be working on with the school. The PTA will host the lunch during the school clean up day. Last years’ event was a success and the PTA ran out of food. This year will be better prepared.
Cinco De Mayo
Parents were presented with the idea of a nacho and drink sale after the school Cinco de Mayo event.
Parents were asked to share their ideas as to what they will like the PTA to do.
Suggestions from parents:
· Parents will like to see possible an IN-N-Out truck at one of the events.
· Sandra Rojas suggested selling the Toluca Lake t-shirts during back to school night. She is willing to take care of that table. Since the school sells the t-shirt, we need to ask Ms. Bove for her opinion. (9/29/11 Update: Adult sizes of shirts are not in stock and a preorder of at least 20 is needed to get more. Beth will design & print an order form for adult and child shirts, to be sent home in Parent Folders so that the school office can order more. The money goes to the school, the PTA is just assisting with publicity. PTA members will be encouraged to order a shirt to wear to events, and so the school can make their minimum order requirement of 20)
The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 p.m.